This page tells you what to do if your organisation wishes to apply for a grant from Godalming Town Council.
To apply for a grant from Godalming Town Council organisations need to complete an application form. You can download an application form at the bottom of this page. When you have completed the application form return it along with the accompanying documents listed in the criteria below to:
Godalming Town Council
Surrey GU7 1HT
The closing dates for considering grants for 2017/18 are as follows:
- 23 March 2017 for the 6 April 2017 meeting
- 15 June 2017 for the 29 June 2017 meeting
- 5 October 2017 for the 19 October 2017 meeting
- 21 December 2017 for the 11 January 2018 meeting
Grant applications will be considered by the Town Council’s Policy & Management Committee approximately two weeks after each closing date (i.e. on the dates detailed in the list above). Notification of the decision on your application will take up to a further two weeks (i.e. four weeks from the closing date).
The Policy & Management Committee meets in public and you are welcome to attend the meeting to hear the committee discuss your grant application please contact the Town Clerk at the address above or on 01483 523575 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how to attend a meeting.
(You must meet these criteria for your application to be considered)
- Groups applying must provide the following with their application:
a) Constitution or aims
b) Copy of accounts (these will not be required for a new organisation)
c) Copy of budget for current financial year
d) Copy of last annual report to members (this will not be required for a new organisation)
- The group must have a bank account in the name of the group.
- The grant must primarily benefit residents of Godalming.
Your application will be assessed on the degree to which it meets the following:
- Applications should fit the Town Council’s vision and priorities;
- The group must not have received any other grant funding from the Town Council for the project applied in the same financial year;
- Priority will be given to those applications for which the grant will lever in/match other funds.
- Apply the grant to the purpose for which it was awarded.
- Provide evidence to the Town Council within one year of the award of the grant detailing how the grant was spent.
- Work with the Town Council to make opportunities to recognize the Council’s contribution to the project eg. by arranging an appropriate press release and photo opportunity with you and the Mayor of Godalming (we will provide copies of our logo for printed and digital media and we can provide a simple certificate for display if that would be appropriate).
Documents you can download
Grant Application Form