Godalming Town Council administers the banner site across Wharf Street in Godalming. The banner site is intended to enable community groups to publicise their activities.
Applications to display a banner to advertise events are welcome from local charitable, community and other similar or not-for-profit organisations, based within Surrey or serving the local area. Priority is given to Godalming-based organisations (please note that no sponsor details are to appear on the banner because it is to be placed over a public highways).
How to book banner space
To book banner space you will need to contact the Town Council’s Facilities Manager on 01483 523112, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form here. You will need to give at least six weeks’ notice.
Two weeks is usually the maximum amount of time that we will allow the banner space to be let to any one organisation.
The letting period runs from Sunday to Sunday.
What we will do
Once we have checked that the banner space is available we will:
- reserve the banner space for you
- arrange for the put up and take down of your banner
What you need to do
Once we have reserved the banner space, you will need to:
- supply the banner
- liaise with our office to arrange when you will both drop off and collect the banner
- provide us with a copy of your public liability insurance
- Size – the banners must be 5,000 x 900mm. The banner can be double-sided.
- Eyelets – Eyelets are required on the top and bottom hems. There must be at least 25mm (1”) from the edge of the banner to the centre of the eyelet. Ideally, eyelets should be spaced no less than 900mm apart with the end eyelets being no further than 50mm from the end of the banner. Eyelets are not required on the side hems.
- Wind slits/Mesh – Banners must have either wind slits or are to be of mesh material.
Fees include the cost of renting the space, putting up and taking down the banner and administration.
One banner for one week – £142.80 inc VAT
One banner for two weeks – £171.60 inc VAT