Surrey Highways is now having to close lane 1 on the A31 Hogs Back for safety reasons. Lane 2 westbound is currently closed due to safety implications with the surface “melting” due to extreme temperatures.
Location: between the A3 slip and 300m beyond Puttenham (to Springfield Manor nursing home), westbound carriageway only.
Kier are sending a gritter over to lay sand on the surface as soon as possible (likely to be in the next 2 hours) in the hope that this helps to stop the carriageway deteriorating further. Once this has happened we will reassess the condition of the road.
It is not possible to say at this point in time whether we will be able to reopen the road this evening but will update you as soon as I have more information.
We had already planned to go in tomorrow night to carry out emergency resurfacing – this will still be happening as per the details below:
- Works will start Thursday 22nd June and continue to Friday 23rd. Work will start again on Monday 26th through to Thursday 29th.
- Working hours will be from 21.00hrs to 06.00hrs each night.
- Westbound carriageway will be closed at night for the works, with signed diversion routes in place, copies attached. 1st map (a) is for the A3 traffic, second (b) shows the main diversion for all traffic – A3 traffic will join this at the Dennis Roundabout, Jn A323.
- Please note – there will be no access/egress for residents except in an emergency. We will be hand delivering letters to the 51 affected homes and talking to as many residents as possible tomorrow morning. We are trying to source electronic signs to place as near to the closure as possible.
- The plan is to plane out and relay approx. 3000m2 of the carriageway per night.
More information will be posted as and when it is received.
For more information and updates please click here