Godalming Town Council takes the protection of your data very seriously and we have policies and procedures in place to ensure that we safeguard information provided to us.
Please read our Privacy Notice by clicking here.
HOW GODALMING TOWN COUNCIL PROTECTS YOUR DATA
In order to conduct its business, services and duties, Godalming Town Council (the Council) processes a wide range of data, relating to its own operations and some of which it handles on behalf of partners. In broad terms, this data can be classified as:
- Data shared in the public arena about the services it offers, its mode of operations and other information it is required to make available to the public.
- Confidential information and data not yet in the public arena such as ideas or policies that are being worked up.
- Confidential information about other organisations because of commercial sensitivity.
- Personal data concerning its current, past and potential employees, Councillors, and volunteers.
- Personal data concerning individuals who contact it for information, to access its services or facilities, or to make a complaint.
The Council will adopt procedures and manage responsibly all data that it handles and will respect the confidentiality of both its own data and that belonging to partner organisations it works with and members of the public. In some cases, it will have contractual obligations towards confidential data, but in addition, will have specific legal responsibilities for personal and sensitive information under data protection legislation.
The Council will periodically review and revise this policy in the light of experience, comments from data subjects, and guidance from the Information Commissioners Office.