A referendum is due to be held on the Godalming & Farncombe Neighbourhood Plan on Tuesday, 9 July 2019. The Neighbourhood Plan area is the same as the Godalming Town Council boundary within the Waverley Borough Council Local Planning Authority area. Only residents of Godalming & Farncombe are eligible to vote. The aim of the Godalming & Farncombe Neighbourhood Plan is to:
- protect our environment;
- support our local shops and businesses;
- provide housing needed for a sustainable community;
- provide safe pedestrian and cycle links;
- safeguard air quality;
- improve play facilities; and
- ensure more CIL funds are available for local infrastructure.
More information about the Godalming & Farncombe Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents can be viewed at https://godalming-tc.gov.uk/neighbourhoodplan/ The plan and supporting documents are also available to view at the planning reception, Waverley Borough Council Offices, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR and at Godalming Town Council Offices, Municipal Buildings, Bridge Street, Godalming, Surrey GU7 1HT.